Ponty Chadha case: Police likely to seek further custody of Namdhari
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is likely to seek further custody of Sukhdev Singh Namdhari in connection with the Ponty Chadha shootout case with investigators claiming that they have to collect more evidence.
Namdhari`s five-day custody will end on Thursday and police will produce him before court.
A senior police official said they will seek further custody of Namdhari and with his help, they hope to collect more evidence.
Sources said police are also planning to question Narender Ahlawat, the manager of Ponty Chadha who was injured in the November 17 shootout in which Ponty and his brother Hardeep were killed.
"He is recuperating and we are planning to record his statement soon," the official said.
Police have so far questioned over 100 people in connection with the case and have arrested seven persons directly or indirectly involved in the case.
Investigators had taken the help of forensic experts to reconstruct the killing of liquor baron Ponty and his brother as investigators claimed to have found discrepancies in statements made by Namdhari and his PSO.
The experts from CFSL, which is under CBI, went to the Chhattarpur farmhouse on Tuesday along with police officials where they reconstructed the scene.
Delhi Police had alleged that Namdhari opened fire at Hardeep, a charge denied by Namdhari.
Investigators also suspect that Namdhari tampered with his gun. Namdhari`s son, a relative and driver, who allegedly helped him in tampering with the gun, are absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India