Ponty Chadha shootout: Gun used by Namdhari to shoot Hardeep recovered
New Delhi: A day after sacked Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari was sent to five-day police custody, Delhi police on Saturday recovered the gun that was used by Namdhari to shoot liquor baron Ponty Chadha`s brother Hardeep on November 17.
Namdhari has been named as the main conspirator in the shootout at the Chhattarpur farmhouse where liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep were killed.
Delhi Police took Namdhari to his Bazpur farmhouse in Udham Singh Nagar in Uttarakhand where the gun was recovered. Police is also expected to take him to other neighbouring states for further clues.
The police yesterday told a city court that it was Namdhari who had fired at Hardeep Chadha on the fateful day. Police has booked him with attempt to murder charges. The city court sent former Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chairman to five days police custody.
Namdhari, an eyewitness to the shootout at the Chhattarpur farmhouse where liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep were killed was on Friday from his Bajpur farmhouse in Udham Singh Nagar in Uttarakhand.
Namdhari had gone missing from the capital after lodging the First Information Report (FIR) following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron