Ponty Chadha shootout: Gun used by Namdhari to shoot Hardeep recovered
New Delhi: A day after sacked Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari was sent to five-day police custody, Delhi police on Saturday recovered the gun that was used by Namdhari to shoot liquor baron Ponty Chadha`s brother Hardeep on November 17.
Namdhari has been named as the main conspirator in the shootout at the Chhattarpur farmhouse where liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep were killed.
Delhi Police took Namdhari to his Bazpur farmhouse in Udham Singh Nagar in Uttarakhand where the gun was recovered. Police is also expected to take him to other neighbouring states for further clues.
The police yesterday told a city court that it was Namdhari who had fired at Hardeep Chadha on the fateful day. Police has booked him with attempt to murder charges. The city court sent former Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chairman to five days police custody.
Namdhari, an eyewitness to the shootout at the Chhattarpur farmhouse where liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep were killed was on Friday from his Bajpur farmhouse in Udham Singh Nagar in Uttarakhand.
Namdhari had gone missing from the capital after lodging the First Information Report (FIR) following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof