Power outage at Maharashtra Sadan opening
New Delhi: Power outage on Tuesday left leaders and officials from Maharashtra red faced during a function in the national capital attended by President Pranab Mukherjee to inaugurate the showpiece Maharashtra Sadan.
The lights went out twice at the Sadan, build close to India Gate to provide accommodations to the guests from the state, plunging the venue where the VVIP guests had converged into darkness -- much to the discomfiture of the top state government officials.
The programme was attended by state Chief Minister Prithviraj Chauhan, Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar among others.
When Pawar was addressing the gathering, power snapped for a while but was soon restored. As the President was about to begin his inaugural speech, the lights went off again for more than a minute.
State PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, the brain behind the Sadan, blamed the power failure on the outage in the locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WATCH: Fizz and fire! Mustafizur Rahman demolishes opposition on T20 Blast debut
- Burhan Wani protest: Curfew lifted from four districts of Kashmir Valley, parts of Srinagar
- MH370 pilot flew similar doomed route on home simulator: Report
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career
- Oliver Stone alerts people over 'Pokemon Go'