Power outage at Maharashtra Sadan opening
New Delhi: Power outage on Tuesday left leaders and officials from Maharashtra red faced during a function in the national capital attended by President Pranab Mukherjee to inaugurate the showpiece Maharashtra Sadan.
The lights went out twice at the Sadan, build close to India Gate to provide accommodations to the guests from the state, plunging the venue where the VVIP guests had converged into darkness -- much to the discomfiture of the top state government officials.
The programme was attended by state Chief Minister Prithviraj Chauhan, Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar among others.
When Pawar was addressing the gathering, power snapped for a while but was soon restored. As the President was about to begin his inaugural speech, the lights went off again for more than a minute.
State PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, the brain behind the Sadan, blamed the power failure on the outage in the locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?