Power outage at Maharashtra Sadan opening
New Delhi: Power outage on Tuesday left leaders and officials from Maharashtra red faced during a function in the national capital attended by President Pranab Mukherjee to inaugurate the showpiece Maharashtra Sadan.
The lights went out twice at the Sadan, build close to India Gate to provide accommodations to the guests from the state, plunging the venue where the VVIP guests had converged into darkness -- much to the discomfiture of the top state government officials.
The programme was attended by state Chief Minister Prithviraj Chauhan, Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar among others.
When Pawar was addressing the gathering, power snapped for a while but was soon restored. As the President was about to begin his inaugural speech, the lights went off again for more than a minute.
State PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, the brain behind the Sadan, blamed the power failure on the outage in the locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sizzling Mallika Sherawat does head-stand like a pro!- WATCH
- Separatists leaders Geelani, Mirwaiz detained ahead of proposed protest march
- Pakistan fans trolled Virat Kohli after Misbah-ul-Haq & Co dethroned India in ICC rankings
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home