Pravasi Bharatiya Divas begins tomorrow
New Delhi: India`s flagship annual event
to connect with its diaspora spread across the globe will
begin here tomorrow which will primarily focus on boosting
investment and sharing of expertise.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address the eighth
edition of the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas on Friday while
President Pratibha Patil will deliver her valedictory address
on January nine.
Nearly 1,500 delegates from over 50 countries
including top businessmen, economists, entrepreneurs and
scientists will participate in the three-day event which will
also see participation of 15 chief ministers and several Union
One of the major highlight of the event will be the
first meeting of the Prime Minister`s Global Advisory Council,
comprising 20 top global business leaders and economists of
Indian origin including Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen, steel
magnate L N Mittal and Pepsi chief Indra Nooyi. The meeting is
scheduled to be held at Prime Minister`s residence tomorrow.
The eighth edition of the flagship event of the
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs has been structured
differently this time with a view to provide the delegates
with an opportunity to interact with Union ministers and chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video