Prefabricated insulated shelters for soldiers in forward areas
New Delhi: To improve living condition of
soldiers posted in forward areas, Defence Ministry has
launched a pilot project on pre-fabricated "insulated
shelters" for the troops operating in extreme climatic
"The pilot project involves construction of insulated
shelters at various posts on the borders. These pre-fabricated
shelters would be integrated with different technologies to
enhance capacity of men and would help in better performance
of their duties," army officials said here today.
The project was initiated after a recent visit by
Defence Minister A K Antony to forward areas and aims at
providing a "climate-proof habitat" to soldiers in different
locations, they added.
"Special emphasis has been laid in designing these
shelters to ensure maximum exposure to sunlight and minimise
heat loss. The structure would be light weight to ensure easy
transportation," officials said.
The Ministry plans to set up bio-digesters, sewage
treatment plants and composting toilets in extreme climate
zones to ensure better facilities to the soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan