Prefabricated insulated shelters for soldiers in forward areas
New Delhi: To improve living condition of
soldiers posted in forward areas, Defence Ministry has
launched a pilot project on pre-fabricated "insulated
shelters" for the troops operating in extreme climatic
"The pilot project involves construction of insulated
shelters at various posts on the borders. These pre-fabricated
shelters would be integrated with different technologies to
enhance capacity of men and would help in better performance
of their duties," army officials said here today.
The project was initiated after a recent visit by
Defence Minister A K Antony to forward areas and aims at
providing a "climate-proof habitat" to soldiers in different
locations, they added.
"Special emphasis has been laid in designing these
shelters to ensure maximum exposure to sunlight and minimise
heat loss. The structure would be light weight to ensure easy
transportation," officials said.
The Ministry plans to set up bio-digesters, sewage
treatment plants and composting toilets in extreme climate
zones to ensure better facilities to the soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets