President condoles author Rajendra Yadav`s death
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday condoled the death of Hindi author Rajendra Yadav and said that the literary world has lost a creative genius.
In a condolence message to Mannu Bhandari, the wife of the late author, the president said: "Rajendra Yadav was a noted Hindi writer, a prominent novelist and an intellectual, who had enriched Hindi literature through his unique style."
"The vacuum created by his death cannot be filled. In his passing away, the literary world has lost a creative genius who contributed immensely to Hindi literature," added the President.
Yadav, 84, died here Monday night after a prolonged illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test