President condoles author Rajendra Yadav`s death
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday condoled the death of Hindi author Rajendra Yadav and said that the literary world has lost a creative genius.
In a condolence message to Mannu Bhandari, the wife of the late author, the president said: "Rajendra Yadav was a noted Hindi writer, a prominent novelist and an intellectual, who had enriched Hindi literature through his unique style."
"The vacuum created by his death cannot be filled. In his passing away, the literary world has lost a creative genius who contributed immensely to Hindi literature," added the President.
Yadav, 84, died here Monday night after a prolonged illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands