President Pranab Mukherjee to meet heads of ASEAN
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will receive visiting heads of State of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) on Wednesday.
The visiting leaders are coming to participate in ASEAN- India Special Commemorative Summit beginning from tomorrow in the national capital.
Mukherjee will also host a cultural event and banquet in honour of the visiting heads of state or government, a Rashtrapati Bhavan press release said.
The Sultan of Brunei Darussalam, the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, the President of the Republic of Indonesia, the Prime Minister of People`s Democratic Republic of Laos, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, the President of Republic of the Union of Myanmar and the Vice-President of the Republic of the Philippines would be received by Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhavan tomorrow.
Besides, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore, the Prime Minister of Kingdom of Thailand and Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam will also arrive at Rashtrapati Bhavan to meet Mukherjee.
Vice-President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will also be present during the function, it said.
India is hosting the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit in New Delhi on December 20 and 21 to mark the 20th anniversary of the ASEAN-India dialogue partnership and the 10th anniversary of ASEAN-India Summit-level partnership.
The theme of the summit is `ASEAN-India Partnership for Peace and Shared Prosperity`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city