President Pranab Mukherjee to meet heads of ASEAN
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will receive visiting heads of State of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) on Wednesday.
The visiting leaders are coming to participate in ASEAN- India Special Commemorative Summit beginning from tomorrow in the national capital.
Mukherjee will also host a cultural event and banquet in honour of the visiting heads of state or government, a Rashtrapati Bhavan press release said.
The Sultan of Brunei Darussalam, the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, the President of the Republic of Indonesia, the Prime Minister of People`s Democratic Republic of Laos, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, the President of Republic of the Union of Myanmar and the Vice-President of the Republic of the Philippines would be received by Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhavan tomorrow.
Besides, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Singapore, the Prime Minister of Kingdom of Thailand and Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam will also arrive at Rashtrapati Bhavan to meet Mukherjee.
Vice-President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will also be present during the function, it said.
India is hosting the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit in New Delhi on December 20 and 21 to mark the 20th anniversary of the ASEAN-India dialogue partnership and the 10th anniversary of ASEAN-India Summit-level partnership.
The theme of the summit is `ASEAN-India Partnership for Peace and Shared Prosperity`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India