President Pranab seeks simpler honorifics to his name
Darbhanga: President Pranab Mukherjee wants simpler honorifics to be used with his name and `His Excellency` be replaced with the simple `Sri`, a letter from his secretariat to the Lalit Narayan Mishra University (LNMU) said.
LNMU Registrar Vijay Prasad Singh told a news agency that the President`s secretariat had sent a letter to the university recently stating that he wants traditional honorific like `His Excellency` be dropped as prefix to his name and replaced with the simple prefix `Sri`.
"We have complied with the directive and deleted honorific of `His Excellency` before the President`s name and replace with the word `Sri` in the invitation letters for the university`s convocation to be held on October 3," he said.
The first bunch of invitation letters printed for the convocation function had `His Excellency` prefixed to Mukherjee`s name and were distributed to some dignitaries. "We have carried out suitable amendments while printing second lot of invitation letters."
The letter also asked to do away with distinct and taller chair for the seating of the President at the convocation function and accordingly the university has arranged for chairs of equal height for all guests on the Dias, Singh said.
Bihar Governor Devanand Konwar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi will be among the nine prominent personalities who will share the Dias with the president, who will be the chief guest at the function, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange