President, Vice President, PM wish nation on Dussehra
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil, Vice
President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday
wished the nation on the occasion of Dussehra.
"On the auspicious occasion of Dussehra, I extend my
greetings to all my fellow citizens and wish them success,
prosperity and happiness," Patil said in a statement.
Expressing hope that this year`s festival inspires the
people to work for the unity and well-being of the country and
strengthens the moral foundation of society, she said, "the
festival of Dussehra celebrates the triumph of truth over
untruth and the power of ethical and moral values so deeply
ingrained in our country since time immemorial."
Ansari said "Dussehra celebrates the epic victory of Lord
Rama over Ravana, symbolising the triumph of good over evil.
This festival reaffirms our faith in all that is good, noble
and virtuous in life and inspires us to strive towards peace
Singh, who returned from the G-20 meeting held in
Pittsburgh, said, "Dussehra and Durga Puja transcend communal
boundaries and provide an opportunity to the people of the
country to reinforce their bonds of brotherhood."
"The celebrations express our deep conviction in good and
ethical conduct. The gaiety associated with the festivals
unites the nation and is the symbol of hope for a brighter
future," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what