Presidential poll - The arithmetic
Here is a look at numbers which are required for a candidate to become President of India.
Alliance wise position:
The votes with three crucial UPA allies are
Even if UPA goes without Mamata and with Mulayam and Mayawati, the numbers are: UPA - TMC + SP + BSP: 524303. The figure is still below the magic figure of 5,49,442.
UPA`S vote share: 4,49,133
NDA`S vote Share: 3,04,785
As the situation stands none of the existing alliances have majority to elect its candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE