Presidential poll - The arithmetic
Here is a look at numbers which are required for a candidate to become President of India.
Alliance wise position:
The votes with three crucial UPA allies are
Even if UPA goes without Mamata and with Mulayam and Mayawati, the numbers are: UPA - TMC + SP + BSP: 524303. The figure is still below the magic figure of 5,49,442.
UPA`S vote share: 4,49,133
NDA`S vote Share: 3,04,785
As the situation stands none of the existing alliances have majority to elect its candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan