Presidential poll - The arithmetic
Here is a look at numbers which are required for a candidate to become President of India.
Alliance wise position:
The votes with three crucial UPA allies are
Even if UPA goes without Mamata and with Mulayam and Mayawati, the numbers are: UPA - TMC + SP + BSP: 524303. The figure is still below the magic figure of 5,49,442.
UPA`S vote share: 4,49,133
NDA`S vote Share: 3,04,785
As the situation stands none of the existing alliances have majority to elect its candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read
- Taliban fighters overrun district in eastern Afghanistan
- Sports recap: Five stories that grabbed the headlines this week
- Arun Jaitley's non-participation in SAARC won't matter, says Pak minister — Know what he said
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's