Prez Fleet Review in 2011: Navy spent Rs 23.24 cr
New Delhi: The President`s Fleet Review of the Navy, during which the Supreme Commander of the armed forces inspects the maritime prowess of the force, had a budgetary allocation of Rs 23.24 crore last year, an RTI reply has revealed.
According to the details given under the transparency law, the Navy said it had made a budgetary allocation of Rs 23.24 crore for the event in 2011 which was attended by President Pratibha Patil.
The reply shows that Rs 26.96 lakh was spent to acquire new furniture which included 30 dining tables and 60 dining chairs, besides furniture for VIPs and other staff.
The Navy had spent Rs 17.57 lakh on Presidential Banquet for 960 guests and Rs 2.11 lakh on catering facilities for the catering at Presidential Yacht for 760 invitees.
The reply provided to activist Subhash Agrawal says the Navy also undertook large number of long term infrastructure development to make the event successful and around Rs 11.67 crore were spent on the works.
The President undertook the fleet review on December 20 last year in which she took salute from a flotilla of 81 ships, including four submarines and 44 aircraft of the Navy and the Indian Coast Guard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test