Prez Fleet Review in 2011: Navy spent Rs 23.24 cr
New Delhi: The President`s Fleet Review of the Navy, during which the Supreme Commander of the armed forces inspects the maritime prowess of the force, had a budgetary allocation of Rs 23.24 crore last year, an RTI reply has revealed.
According to the details given under the transparency law, the Navy said it had made a budgetary allocation of Rs 23.24 crore for the event in 2011 which was attended by President Pratibha Patil.
The reply shows that Rs 26.96 lakh was spent to acquire new furniture which included 30 dining tables and 60 dining chairs, besides furniture for VIPs and other staff.
The Navy had spent Rs 17.57 lakh on Presidential Banquet for 960 guests and Rs 2.11 lakh on catering facilities for the catering at Presidential Yacht for 760 invitees.
The reply provided to activist Subhash Agrawal says the Navy also undertook large number of long term infrastructure development to make the event successful and around Rs 11.67 crore were spent on the works.
The President undertook the fleet review on December 20 last year in which she took salute from a flotilla of 81 ships, including four submarines and 44 aircraft of the Navy and the Indian Coast Guard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'