Prez, PM greet people on Eid
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice- President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today greeted the people on Id-ul-Fitr, saying the festival signifies fraternity and brotherhood and inspires all to work towards building a peaceful and prosperous society.
In his message, Mukherjee said the festival marks the culmination of the period of fasting during the Holy month of Ramzan which is a month of blessings and forgiveness.
"The festival reminds us of our duties towards the poor and downtrodden as well as the need for charity and generosity towards all," he said.
Vice-President Ansari said the festival signifies the traditional expression of fraternity and brotherhood across the country.
"May this festival unite all humanity in a common bond of understanding and inspire all to work tirelessly towards building a harmonious, peaceful and prosperous society," he said.
In his message, Prime Minister Singh said the festival is an occasion for happiness and is marked by the spirit of brotherhood and sacrifice.
"May Id this year further strengthen our cultural bonds and bring peace and prosperity to all," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India