Prez poll: BJP to open cards once UPA names candidate
Hyderabad: Former union minister and BJP official spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Sunday said his party would disclose its strategy on Presidential election only after the ruling coalition announces name of its candidate.
Until the ruling Congress party does not announce name of its candidate for President`s post, BJP would keep its cards close to its chest, Shahnawaz told reporters here.
On whether BJP would support Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s candidature for the post of President, the BJP leader said, "Let Congress party first name the candidate for the post, then only our party will disclose the strategy."
Stating that this time the presidential elections would be "interesting", he said it was not necessary that ruling party candidate would be the winner.
"This time the Presidential election results would be surprising and our party is working on this strategy," he averred.
Demanding an investigation into coalgate scam, Shahnawaz asked why the UPA government was afraid to order a probe when, according to them, there was no scam in allocation of coal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why