Prez poll: BJP to open cards once UPA names candidate
Hyderabad: Former union minister and BJP official spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Sunday said his party would disclose its strategy on Presidential election only after the ruling coalition announces name of its candidate.
Until the ruling Congress party does not announce name of its candidate for President`s post, BJP would keep its cards close to its chest, Shahnawaz told reporters here.
On whether BJP would support Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s candidature for the post of President, the BJP leader said, "Let Congress party first name the candidate for the post, then only our party will disclose the strategy."
Stating that this time the presidential elections would be "interesting", he said it was not necessary that ruling party candidate would be the winner.
"This time the Presidential election results would be surprising and our party is working on this strategy," he averred.
Demanding an investigation into coalgate scam, Shahnawaz asked why the UPA government was afraid to order a probe when, according to them, there was no scam in allocation of coal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown