Prez poll: BJP to open cards once UPA names candidate
Hyderabad: Former union minister and BJP official spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Sunday said his party would disclose its strategy on Presidential election only after the ruling coalition announces name of its candidate.
Until the ruling Congress party does not announce name of its candidate for President`s post, BJP would keep its cards close to its chest, Shahnawaz told reporters here.
On whether BJP would support Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s candidature for the post of President, the BJP leader said, "Let Congress party first name the candidate for the post, then only our party will disclose the strategy."
Stating that this time the presidential elections would be "interesting", he said it was not necessary that ruling party candidate would be the winner.
"This time the Presidential election results would be surprising and our party is working on this strategy," he averred.
Demanding an investigation into coalgate scam, Shahnawaz asked why the UPA government was afraid to order a probe when, according to them, there was no scam in allocation of coal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'