Prez poll: NCP asks parties not to support Sangma
New Delhi: NCP, the party P A Sangma quit to contest the Presidential poll, today poured scorn on him for not maintaining decorum in the election and asked the BJP, AIADMK and the BJD to withdraw support to him.
"It is very unfortunate that P A Sangma is not observing decency, decorum and dignity in the Presidential elections," NCP General Secretary D P Tripathi told reporters here.
He said the Returning Officer, the Election Commission and the Supreme Court have rejected different pleas of the Sangma camp.
"We appeal to the BJP, AIADMK, BJD leadership to withdraw their support to Sangma for persistent violation of democratic norms," Tripathi said.
He said the NCP concurred with the views of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah that Sangma should observe decorum in the Presidential elections.
"This is the election to the highest Constitutional office and candidates must conduct themselves with democratic values," he said.
The NCP attack comes in response to Sangma`s reported remarks in Mumbai that Rashtrapati Bhawan was being used as a dumping ground for `failed` former Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
To a question, Tripathi said it was highly unlikely that the NCP would readmit Sangma into the party.
"The NCP had taken him back in the party fold when Sangma expressed his desire to return after a brief stint (with Trinamool). But I don`t think the NCP will take him back now," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America