Priyanka Gandhi attends Congress meeting; Rahul set to be named PM candidate?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In an interesting turn of events, Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday called a high-level meet of party leaders.
The meeting was held at Rahul Gandhi`s residence here.
Apart from Priyanka, the meeting was attended by Sonia`s political secretary Ahmed Patel, Union minister Jairam Ramesh and senior leader Janardhan Dwivedi, among others.
Interestingly, sources said Rahul was not present at the meet.
The meeting holds significance ahead of Congress` crucial January 17 meet where it is expected to name Rahul as the party`s prime ministerial candidate for upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The meeting has given birth to fresh speculations about Congress` PM candidate, and many are looking at today`s meet as a precursor to the big decision which could even be preponed in the wake of rising popularity of Narendra Modi (BJP) and Arvind Kejriwal (AAP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam