Pune blast happened despite forces being on alert: Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister A K Antony today
said the Pune blast took place despite the security forces
being on an alert.
"Regarding national and internal security, we always
keep the forces on alert. But even with all this apparatus in
place, another tragedy in Pune happened," he said while
addressing a press conference at the Defexpo here.
However, the Minister declined to comment on the impact
of the blasts on the Foreign Secretary-level talks between
India and Pakistan, saying, "The Minister for External affairs
(S M Krishna) has already given the government reaction. I
don`t want to add to it."
Antony was asked if the February 13 blasts in Pune will
have any impact on the talks between the two countries.
After the blasts in Pune on February 13, in which nine
people had died, Krishna had also denied to comment on the
talks saying, "I am not going to talk about the talks right
now. Let us wait for the report (of the investigative
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city