Pursue Sarabjit`s case forcefully with Pak: Punjab govt to Centre
Chandigarh: Describing the attack on Sarabjit Singh as most unfortunate, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday asked the Centre to pursue the case forcefully with Pakistan government and send a high-level team to probe the case.
He alleged that the UPA government at the Centre was "indecisive" over sensitive issues.
Badal said that Centre must send a high-level team to probe the issue and find out the truth.
Badal, who is also president of Shiromani Akali Dal, said, "Congress-led UPA government is indecisive even on sensitive issues like Chinese intrusion and beating up of Indian national Sarabjit in Lahore Jail."
Asking the Centre to pursue the case of Sarabjit "effectively and forcefully" with Pakistan government, Badal said, he could not understand the "lethargy" of Centre on this critical issue, when the whole country and all state governments are supporting.
He said that he was surprised that the "government was sleeping over reports of intrusion till Chinese entered and camped 19 km inside the Indian territory".
"The fact is no neighbour, including a tiny nation, is scared of India these days as indecisiveness is our hallmark," Badal said.
The deputy CM said,"When all the political parties are asking the Congress-led UPA government to take strong and effective action against China, why our Prime Minister has described it as a localised issue."
Meanwhile, Punjab minister Bikram Singh Majithia also termed Sarabjit incident as extremely unfortunate.
"It is time for both the nations to dampen the bitterness and come forward for Sarabjit," he said.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will take up the issue of providing the best medical care to Sarabjit, the minister said.
"If need be, Punjab government will bear all the expenses of Sarabjit`s treatment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!