Pursue Sarabjit`s case forcefully with Pak: Punjab govt to Centre
Chandigarh: Describing the attack on Sarabjit Singh as most unfortunate, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday asked the Centre to pursue the case forcefully with Pakistan government and send a high-level team to probe the case.
He alleged that the UPA government at the Centre was "indecisive" over sensitive issues.
Badal said that Centre must send a high-level team to probe the issue and find out the truth.
Badal, who is also president of Shiromani Akali Dal, said, "Congress-led UPA government is indecisive even on sensitive issues like Chinese intrusion and beating up of Indian national Sarabjit in Lahore Jail."
Asking the Centre to pursue the case of Sarabjit "effectively and forcefully" with Pakistan government, Badal said, he could not understand the "lethargy" of Centre on this critical issue, when the whole country and all state governments are supporting.
He said that he was surprised that the "government was sleeping over reports of intrusion till Chinese entered and camped 19 km inside the Indian territory".
"The fact is no neighbour, including a tiny nation, is scared of India these days as indecisiveness is our hallmark," Badal said.
The deputy CM said,"When all the political parties are asking the Congress-led UPA government to take strong and effective action against China, why our Prime Minister has described it as a localised issue."
Meanwhile, Punjab minister Bikram Singh Majithia also termed Sarabjit incident as extremely unfortunate.
"It is time for both the nations to dampen the bitterness and come forward for Sarabjit," he said.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will take up the issue of providing the best medical care to Sarabjit, the minister said.
"If need be, Punjab government will bear all the expenses of Sarabjit`s treatment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'