Put gazette notifications on website: CIC
New Delhi: The Central Information
Commission has directed the Delhi Government to publish all
gazette notifications issued by its departments on its web
site from August 15.
"All gazette notifications issued after August 15, 2011
by all the departments, autonomous bodies, corporations and
local bodies under the Government of Delhi shall be displayed
on the web site of the Government of Delhi," Information
Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi said.
He was hearing a plea of RTI applicant Rejimon C K who
complained before the Commission that "vital documents"
gazette notifications are not available for public at large.
Agreeing with the applicant, the CIC said not only the
notifications issued after August 15, but also previous ones
will be placed on the web site in a time bound manner as per
mandatory provisions of the section four of the RTI Act.
During the hearing, Delhi Government officials also
agreed with the Commission and assured it that the
instructions will be followed from August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre