Put gazette notifications on website: CIC
New Delhi: The Central Information
Commission has directed the Delhi Government to publish all
gazette notifications issued by its departments on its web
site from August 15.
"All gazette notifications issued after August 15, 2011
by all the departments, autonomous bodies, corporations and
local bodies under the Government of Delhi shall be displayed
on the web site of the Government of Delhi," Information
Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi said.
He was hearing a plea of RTI applicant Rejimon C K who
complained before the Commission that "vital documents"
gazette notifications are not available for public at large.
Agreeing with the applicant, the CIC said not only the
notifications issued after August 15, but also previous ones
will be placed on the web site in a time bound manner as per
mandatory provisions of the section four of the RTI Act.
During the hearing, Delhi Government officials also
agreed with the Commission and assured it that the
instructions will be followed from August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself