Put gazette notifications on website: CIC
New Delhi: The Central Information
Commission has directed the Delhi Government to publish all
gazette notifications issued by its departments on its web
site from August 15.
"All gazette notifications issued after August 15, 2011
by all the departments, autonomous bodies, corporations and
local bodies under the Government of Delhi shall be displayed
on the web site of the Government of Delhi," Information
Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi said.
He was hearing a plea of RTI applicant Rejimon C K who
complained before the Commission that "vital documents"
gazette notifications are not available for public at large.
Agreeing with the applicant, the CIC said not only the
notifications issued after August 15, but also previous ones
will be placed on the web site in a time bound manner as per
mandatory provisions of the section four of the RTI Act.
During the hearing, Delhi Government officials also
agreed with the Commission and assured it that the
instructions will be followed from August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred