Qatar nationality for Husain win for Hindutva: Bajrang Dal
Kanpur: Bajrang Dal on Saturday said Qatar giving nationality to painter M F Husain was a "win" for Hindutva forces and those who "insult" Hindu religion have no place in the country.
"Husain`s painting depicting Hindu deities in a derogatory manner and insulting the religion was not at all acceptable to us," Bajrang Dal Convener Prakash Sharma said.
"It is a win for Hindutva forces because there is no place for such people in the country," he said.
Sharma said any other writer or painter having similar thoughts should opt for citizenship of any other country because "our party will protest against them."
Eminent painter Husain was given Qatar nationality on Wednesday.
Husain was living in exile for the last four years spending most of his time in Dubai after escalation of hate campaign against him by right wing groups over his controversial paintings on Hindu deities.
Several cases were filed against him by people protesting his portrayal of Hindu goddesses in the nude. His house in India was attacked and art works vandalised by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez