Qatar nationality for Husain win for Hindutva: Bajrang Dal
Kanpur: Bajrang Dal on Saturday said Qatar giving nationality to painter M F Husain was a "win" for Hindutva forces and those who "insult" Hindu religion have no place in the country.
"Husain`s painting depicting Hindu deities in a derogatory manner and insulting the religion was not at all acceptable to us," Bajrang Dal Convener Prakash Sharma said.
"It is a win for Hindutva forces because there is no place for such people in the country," he said.
Sharma said any other writer or painter having similar thoughts should opt for citizenship of any other country because "our party will protest against them."
Eminent painter Husain was given Qatar nationality on Wednesday.
Husain was living in exile for the last four years spending most of his time in Dubai after escalation of hate campaign against him by right wing groups over his controversial paintings on Hindu deities.
Several cases were filed against him by people protesting his portrayal of Hindu goddesses in the nude. His house in India was attacked and art works vandalised by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster