Qatar nationality for Husain win for Hindutva: Bajrang Dal
Kanpur: Bajrang Dal on Saturday said Qatar giving nationality to painter M F Husain was a "win" for Hindutva forces and those who "insult" Hindu religion have no place in the country.
"Husain`s painting depicting Hindu deities in a derogatory manner and insulting the religion was not at all acceptable to us," Bajrang Dal Convener Prakash Sharma said.
"It is a win for Hindutva forces because there is no place for such people in the country," he said.
Sharma said any other writer or painter having similar thoughts should opt for citizenship of any other country because "our party will protest against them."
Eminent painter Husain was given Qatar nationality on Wednesday.
Husain was living in exile for the last four years spending most of his time in Dubai after escalation of hate campaign against him by right wing groups over his controversial paintings on Hindu deities.
Several cases were filed against him by people protesting his portrayal of Hindu goddesses in the nude. His house in India was attacked and art works vandalised by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH