Quota bill: Congress downplays Mayawati`s attack on Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Congress on Friday downplayed BSP chief Mayawati`s reported attack on Sonia Gandhi on the issue of quota in promotion bill by merely saying that the criticism was "very unfortunate".
Party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here that it was unfortunate that such things are being said when the Congress President herself had opposed the bid by SP members to snatch the bill in Lok Sabha.
"It is very unfortunate. Neither there is any lack of commitment in our intention nor policy on the quota issue," she said, adding that several measures for the welfare of Dalits had been taken by Congress for the last several years.
She was replying to questions over Mayawati reportedly accusing the Congress President of enacting a drama on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions