Quota for MPs in central schools restored: Govt
New Delhi: The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has decided to restore the MPs` quota for admission of students in Kendriya Vidyalayas, the Rajya Sabha was told Friday.
HRD Minister Kapil Sibal said the decision was taken at a meeting of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathana Thursday.
"We have decided to restore two nominations to each MP but I have surrendered both the minister quota and the MP quota for myself," he said.
The MPs can nominate two students from certain sections of the society to Kendriya Vidyalayas.
The government had abolished the quota after the enactment of Right to Education Act in April that reserves 25 percent seats in schools for local students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her