Quota for MPs in central schools restored: Govt
New Delhi: The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has decided to restore the MPs` quota for admission of students in Kendriya Vidyalayas, the Rajya Sabha was told Friday.
HRD Minister Kapil Sibal said the decision was taken at a meeting of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathana Thursday.
"We have decided to restore two nominations to each MP but I have surrendered both the minister quota and the MP quota for myself," he said.
The MPs can nominate two students from certain sections of the society to Kendriya Vidyalayas.
The government had abolished the quota after the enactment of Right to Education Act in April that reserves 25 percent seats in schools for local students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- North Korean Air Koryo plane makes emergency landing in China - Xinhua
- A carnival of contrasting views near Cleveland''s Republican convention
- PML-N sweeps assembly polls in Pakistan occupied Kashmir
- PokéDates is here! Now, find love while catching Pokemon
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla