Quota for MPs in central schools restored: Govt
New Delhi: The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has decided to restore the MPs` quota for admission of students in Kendriya Vidyalayas, the Rajya Sabha was told Friday.
HRD Minister Kapil Sibal said the decision was taken at a meeting of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathana Thursday.
"We have decided to restore two nominations to each MP but I have surrendered both the minister quota and the MP quota for myself," he said.
The MPs can nominate two students from certain sections of the society to Kendriya Vidyalayas.
The government had abolished the quota after the enactment of Right to Education Act in April that reserves 25 percent seats in schools for local students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials