Rahul Gandhi summoned by court over `RSS people killed Mahatma Gandhi` comment
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: In a fresh trouble for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, a Bhiwandi court in Maharashtra on Friday summoned him for his remarks against the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) while addressing an election rally in the state, blaming the outfit for assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
According to reports, the court has asked Rahul to be present during the hearing of the case on October 07.
"RSS people killed Gandhiji and today their people (BJP) talk of him...They opposed Sardar Patel and Gandhiji," Rahul had said while addressing a public rally in Thane district on March 06.
Later, the RSS had filed a complaint against Rahul Gandhi in a Maharashtra court over his offensive remarks.
The criminal complaint was filed by Rajesh Kunte, Secretary of RSS unit at Bhiwandi, a powerloom town near Thane.
In his complaint to the court, Kunte had said the remarks were defamatory and sought action against the Congress leader.
BJP had earlier also complained to Election Commission against the Congress vice president regarding this matter.
"I registered a criminal complaint against Rahul Gandhi with the First Class Magistrate Court at Bhiwandi. Through his speech, he has harmed the reputation of our organisation. The remarks were made with an ulterior motive," Kunte had said, as per PTI.
"His allegation, that RSS men killed Mahatma Gandhi, was against the judicial verdict in the case. This is a deliberate attempt for electoral gains," Kunte had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations