Rahul meets Zardari`s son Bilawal at lunch
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Sunday met Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, who is accompanying his father and President Asif Ali Zardari on his trip to India.
Zardari had lunch with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh after a one-on-one meeting. The Pakistani leader will now visit the Ajmer Sharif.
24-year-old Bilawal, who took over as PPP chairman when he was 19, following the death of his mother Benazir Bhtto in 2007, was a part of the guest list for the lunch hosted by Manmohan Singh at his Race Course Road residence.
Rahul Gandhi was also present at the lunch, which was skipped by his mother, Sonia Gandhi.
Bilawal was appointed chairman of PPP on December 30, 2007 when he was at Oxford. He returned to Pakistan and became active in politics last year, particularly when Zardari went for medical care to Dubai amid speculation that the President may quit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16