Rahul meets Zardari`s son Bilawal at lunch
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Sunday met Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, who is accompanying his father and President Asif Ali Zardari on his trip to India.
Zardari had lunch with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh after a one-on-one meeting. The Pakistani leader will now visit the Ajmer Sharif.
24-year-old Bilawal, who took over as PPP chairman when he was 19, following the death of his mother Benazir Bhtto in 2007, was a part of the guest list for the lunch hosted by Manmohan Singh at his Race Course Road residence.
Rahul Gandhi was also present at the lunch, which was skipped by his mother, Sonia Gandhi.
Bilawal was appointed chairman of PPP on December 30, 2007 when he was at Oxford. He returned to Pakistan and became active in politics last year, particularly when Zardari went for medical care to Dubai amid speculation that the President may quit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi