Railways flag off Sanskriti Express, announce Cultural Board
Kolkata: The Railways Sunday joined the rest
of the country in paying tributes to Gurudev Rabindranath
Tagore on his 150th birth anniversary by launching `Sanskriti
Express,` a train showcasing his life and works and announcing
a Culture Promotion Board.
"We are forming a new Culture Promotion Board in lines
with the Sports Promotion Board," Railway Minister Mamata
Banerjee announced before the flagging off of the `Sanskriti
Railway Board Chairman S S Khurana will be chairman of
the board, while Rabindrasangeet exponent Dwijen Mukhopadhyay
will be vice-chairman, she said, adding that the board would
comprise about 13 members drawn from the field of culture.
The formation of the board had been proposed in this
year`s Railway Budget and it would supervise the Railway`s
year-long programme to commemorate Tagore`s sesquicentennial,
A Tagore museum is being constructed by RITES opposite
the Howrah station and Rs 25 crore has been sanctioned for
this, she said, adding, the Prantik station near Santiniketan
would be developed into a model station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'