Railways launch special checks to counter touts
New Delhi: Taking on unscrupulous elements,
Railways have launched special checks in reservation counters
to prevent them from cornering seats, while web-based IRCTC
agents have also been barred from accessing tatkal booking
between 8 am and 9 am.
The special checks have been launched in all major
reservation counters across the country between 7.30 am and 9
am, during which there is huge rush of passengers.
Touts and unscrupulous elements make hay during this
period as bookings for advanced reservation and tatkal begins
during this hour, a railway official said, adding the drive
has been launched for a fortnight.
The move comes as Railways have barred web-based and
web-service agents of IRCTC from getting access to tatkal
bookings on all day between 8 am and 9 am. Besides, they will
also not get access to bookings on the first day of the
beginning of advanced reservation period from 8 am to 9 am.
The measure comes in the wake of a large number of
complaints regarding IRCTC website not being accessible to
common users at the time of the commencement of the
reservation booking in the morning, making it difficult to
book e-ticket and tatkal on-line.
IRCTC, on its part, is also contemplating several
other measures to ensure easy accessibility to its portal
throughout the day and also fast service.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan