Railways launch special checks to counter touts
New Delhi: Taking on unscrupulous elements,
Railways have launched special checks in reservation counters
to prevent them from cornering seats, while web-based IRCTC
agents have also been barred from accessing tatkal booking
between 8 am and 9 am.
The special checks have been launched in all major
reservation counters across the country between 7.30 am and 9
am, during which there is huge rush of passengers.
Touts and unscrupulous elements make hay during this
period as bookings for advanced reservation and tatkal begins
during this hour, a railway official said, adding the drive
has been launched for a fortnight.
The move comes as Railways have barred web-based and
web-service agents of IRCTC from getting access to tatkal
bookings on all day between 8 am and 9 am. Besides, they will
also not get access to bookings on the first day of the
beginning of advanced reservation period from 8 am to 9 am.
The measure comes in the wake of a large number of
complaints regarding IRCTC website not being accessible to
common users at the time of the commencement of the
reservation booking in the morning, making it difficult to
book e-ticket and tatkal on-line.
IRCTC, on its part, is also contemplating several
other measures to ensure easy accessibility to its portal
throughout the day and also fast service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months