Railways to recruit 1.60 lakh people soon: Adhir Chowdhury
Jalpaiguri: Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury today said that the railways would soon recruit a large number of people to fill up vacancies.
"We would soon recruit around 1.60 lakh people to fill up the vacancies in the railways," Chowdhury told reporters here.
When asked by reporters why most of the projects announced by then Railway minister Mamata Banerjee have not started, Chowdhury said most of the projects announced by Mamata were in the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model but we are not finding any takers for such model projects.
If we find people or companies coming forward for these PPP model projects then we will start these projects, he said.
The minister of State for Railways said the railways has imposed a speed restriction on trains travelling through the Dooars forest in Jalpaiguri district which has seen a lot of elephant deaths after being hit by trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies