Rains continue to lash north India
New Delhi: Rains continued to lash large swathes of north India today as rivers in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand were flowing to the brim.
In the national capital, the Ridge area received 22.4-mm of rainfall while the rest experienced dry weather. According to the MeT officials, this year the capital is witnessing such "unusual rainfall pattern", with some parts receiving rain while the rest remaining completely dry.
Overcast conditions, however, prevailed throughout the day, pushing the humidity level, which oscillated between 59 and 83 per cent, causing discomfort to Delhiites.
The maximum temperature in Delhi was same as yesterday, settling at 36.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal. The minimum was 28.2 degrees, the MeT officials said.
Light to moderate rain or thundershowers occurred at a few places in eastern Uttar Pradesh and at isolated places in the state`s western region.
According to the MeT office in Lucknow, Mau recorded 4-cm rainfall, followed by Bisauli and Badaun 3-cm each; Chatnag, Rath and Mahroni 2-cm each; and Lalitpur, Mahoba, Shaswan, Karvi, Kakardarighat, Karchana, Phoolpur, Barra, Rae Bareli, Saroan and Bansgaon 1-cm each.
A few rivers in the state, including Ghaggar, were flowing above or near the danger mark. In Rajasthan, a few places were lashed by monsoon rains with Chittorgarh recording the maximum rainfall of 16.5-mm, followed by Dabok 2.7-mm.
Bikaner and a few other places also received drizzle till today evening, Jaipur MeT officials said. According to the officials, light to moderate rainfall occurred at many places in Udaipur and Jodhpur divisions and at a few places at other divisions, whereas isolated areas in Jodhpur recorded heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!