Rains continue to lash north India
New Delhi: Rains continued to lash large swathes of north India today as rivers in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand were flowing to the brim.
In the national capital, the Ridge area received 22.4-mm of rainfall while the rest experienced dry weather. According to the MeT officials, this year the capital is witnessing such "unusual rainfall pattern", with some parts receiving rain while the rest remaining completely dry.
Overcast conditions, however, prevailed throughout the day, pushing the humidity level, which oscillated between 59 and 83 per cent, causing discomfort to Delhiites.
The maximum temperature in Delhi was same as yesterday, settling at 36.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal. The minimum was 28.2 degrees, the MeT officials said.
Light to moderate rain or thundershowers occurred at a few places in eastern Uttar Pradesh and at isolated places in the state`s western region.
According to the MeT office in Lucknow, Mau recorded 4-cm rainfall, followed by Bisauli and Badaun 3-cm each; Chatnag, Rath and Mahroni 2-cm each; and Lalitpur, Mahoba, Shaswan, Karvi, Kakardarighat, Karchana, Phoolpur, Barra, Rae Bareli, Saroan and Bansgaon 1-cm each.
A few rivers in the state, including Ghaggar, were flowing above or near the danger mark. In Rajasthan, a few places were lashed by monsoon rains with Chittorgarh recording the maximum rainfall of 16.5-mm, followed by Dabok 2.7-mm.
Bikaner and a few other places also received drizzle till today evening, Jaipur MeT officials said. According to the officials, light to moderate rainfall occurred at many places in Udaipur and Jodhpur divisions and at a few places at other divisions, whereas isolated areas in Jodhpur recorded heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?