Rajnath Singh meets Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: BJP president Rajnath Singh has expressed confidence that his party`s alliance with its oldest partner Shiv Sena would continue.
Singh expressed these sentiments during a meeting with Sena president Uddhav Thackeray at the latter`s home Matoshree in suburban Bandra last night, Sena sources said.
"Rajnath said our alliance will continue with more strength," the sources said.
The BJP chief also extended his best wishes for the Sena`s foundation day today. This is the party`s first foundation day function after the demise of its founder Bal Thackeray last year.
Those present at the meeting included BJP state unit chief Devendra Fadanvis and Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city