Rajnath Singh meets Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: BJP president Rajnath Singh has expressed confidence that his party`s alliance with its oldest partner Shiv Sena would continue.
Singh expressed these sentiments during a meeting with Sena president Uddhav Thackeray at the latter`s home Matoshree in suburban Bandra last night, Sena sources said.
"Rajnath said our alliance will continue with more strength," the sources said.
The BJP chief also extended his best wishes for the Sena`s foundation day today. This is the party`s first foundation day function after the demise of its founder Bal Thackeray last year.
Those present at the meeting included BJP state unit chief Devendra Fadanvis and Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department