Rajnath Singh rejects Advani`s resignation
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh Monday refused to accept party leader LK Advani`s resignation from organisational posts.
"I have not accepted Shri Advaniji`s resignation," Rajnath Singh said in a tweet.
BJP sources said that the party leadership would make efforts to persuade Advani to reconsider his decision.
Advani Monday quit from all major posts in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), accusing "most of our leaders" of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani shot off an angry letter to Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the head of the campaign committee for the Lok Sabha elections.
Advani resigned from his positions in the national executive, the parliamentary board and the election committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman