Rajnath Singh rejects Advani`s resignation
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh Monday refused to accept party leader LK Advani`s resignation from organisational posts.
"I have not accepted Shri Advaniji`s resignation," Rajnath Singh said in a tweet.
BJP sources said that the party leadership would make efforts to persuade Advani to reconsider his decision.
Advani Monday quit from all major posts in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), accusing "most of our leaders" of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani shot off an angry letter to Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the head of the campaign committee for the Lok Sabha elections.
Advani resigned from his positions in the national executive, the parliamentary board and the election committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report