Rajnath urges partymen to gain people’s confidence
New Delhi: New BJP president Rajnath Singh Wednesday asked partymen to exercise restraint in their speech and conduct and fight for people`s issues to gain the confidence of the masses.
Addressing party leaders and workers at the BJP headquarters here, Singh also asked them to maintain patience.
He exhorted BJP workers to work for strengthening the party and said there is a need to fight for the problems of the common man and gain their confidence as the ruling party at the Centre had failed on this front.
"Leaders should maintain good speech and conduct...They should have patience," Singh told partymen.
The BJP chief was at a party headquarters for about two hours. This is the second time after assuming charge that he met leaders and workers of the party here.
Singh later met party leader Sushma Swaraj over lunch at her residence where the two leaders discussed key party matters, including formation of a new team.
The party is likely to hold National Executive and National Council meetings in mid-February, after which Singh will announce his new team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation