Ramdev bats for Narendra Modi, trains gun at Nitish Kumar for `Rambo` remark
Patna: Batting for Narendra Modi, yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday took a jibe at Nitish Kumar saying he was opposing the Gujarat chief minister because his rise meant danger for the JD(U) leader.
"He (Kumar) thinks his politics will be in danger with the rise of Narendra Modi," Ramdev told reporters.
Ramdev was responding to media queries on Kumar`s indirect dig at Modi that he was not a "Rambo" like his Gujarat counterpart to rescue 15,000 people in a day.
The yoga guru said Kumar should have been happy that somebody from backward and most backward castes has come forward to change the corrupt system under UPA.
"Earlier, feudal forces were afraid of Modi but now even those hailing from OBC and EBC are feeling threatened," Ramdev said referring to Kumar.
"Such prejudiced feeling is not good for the country," he said.
The yoga guru arrived here on way to Muzzaffarpur.
Asserting that he himself hails from similar background, Ramdev appealed OBC and EBCs to come together for the welfare of the deprived sections of the society.
Asked if he would play an active role in 2014 General Elections, the yoga guru said he was already in the open field.
Supporting BJP`s demand for removal of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, Ramdev said the devastation magnified because of one person and instead of taking action against him the Congress is patting his back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?