Ramdev bats for Narendra Modi, trains gun at Nitish Kumar for `Rambo` remark
Patna: Batting for Narendra Modi, yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday took a jibe at Nitish Kumar saying he was opposing the Gujarat chief minister because his rise meant danger for the JD(U) leader.
"He (Kumar) thinks his politics will be in danger with the rise of Narendra Modi," Ramdev told reporters.
Ramdev was responding to media queries on Kumar`s indirect dig at Modi that he was not a "Rambo" like his Gujarat counterpart to rescue 15,000 people in a day.
The yoga guru said Kumar should have been happy that somebody from backward and most backward castes has come forward to change the corrupt system under UPA.
"Earlier, feudal forces were afraid of Modi but now even those hailing from OBC and EBC are feeling threatened," Ramdev said referring to Kumar.
"Such prejudiced feeling is not good for the country," he said.
The yoga guru arrived here on way to Muzzaffarpur.
Asserting that he himself hails from similar background, Ramdev appealed OBC and EBCs to come together for the welfare of the deprived sections of the society.
Asked if he would play an active role in 2014 General Elections, the yoga guru said he was already in the open field.
Supporting BJP`s demand for removal of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, Ramdev said the devastation magnified because of one person and instead of taking action against him the Congress is patting his back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Over 55 students hospitalised after consuming food from college hostel in TN
- Sikh candidate's billboard painted with 'ISIS' in NZ
- Syria border region must be `cleansed` of ISIS jihadists: Turkey
- IGL net profit jumps 44% to Rs 148 crore in June quarter
- NIA files chargesheet against Dawood's close aide Zahid Miyan