Ramdev bats for Narendra Modi, trains gun at Nitish Kumar for `Rambo` remark
Patna: Batting for Narendra Modi, yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday took a jibe at Nitish Kumar saying he was opposing the Gujarat chief minister because his rise meant danger for the JD(U) leader.
"He (Kumar) thinks his politics will be in danger with the rise of Narendra Modi," Ramdev told reporters.
Ramdev was responding to media queries on Kumar`s indirect dig at Modi that he was not a "Rambo" like his Gujarat counterpart to rescue 15,000 people in a day.
The yoga guru said Kumar should have been happy that somebody from backward and most backward castes has come forward to change the corrupt system under UPA.
"Earlier, feudal forces were afraid of Modi but now even those hailing from OBC and EBC are feeling threatened," Ramdev said referring to Kumar.
"Such prejudiced feeling is not good for the country," he said.
The yoga guru arrived here on way to Muzzaffarpur.
Asserting that he himself hails from similar background, Ramdev appealed OBC and EBCs to come together for the welfare of the deprived sections of the society.
Asked if he would play an active role in 2014 General Elections, the yoga guru said he was already in the open field.
Supporting BJP`s demand for removal of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, Ramdev said the devastation magnified because of one person and instead of taking action against him the Congress is patting his back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31