Ramdev threatens fight to finish by August
New Delhi: Ahead of his joint fast with Anna Hazare against UPA government on corruption on Sunday, yoga guru Ramdev threatened the government with a fight to finish by August for bringing back black money stashed abroad.
As he headed to Rajghat from Tikri Kalan on Delhi border before reaching the dharna spot of Jantar Mantar, Ramdev said the economic situation in the country is very bad as the rupee was falling and growth rate has declined.
"We need to bring back black money. I appeal to people of the country to join this fight. We are intensifying this fight. From today, we are intensifying our protest to bring back black money stashed abroad and want all of the countrymen to be part of the fight to finish by August," he said after paying tributes to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose at Azad Hind Gram.
The protest at Jantar Mantar is likely to see Hazare and Ramdev announce their strategy with regard to the 2014 General Elections.
The one-day fast demanding bringing back black money stashed abroad and against the corruption and corrupt system will have its echo in the state capitals as well with Ramdev`s Bharat Swabhiman Andolan organising protests.
This is also their first joint appearance on a public platform in the past one year after the team distanced themselves from the yoga guru due to his Hindutva links.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation