Ramdev wants `big decision` from govt to end fast
New Delhi: On the second day of his fast, yoga guru Ramdev on Friday said he will not leave the protest venue without a "big decision" from government on steps to bring back black money and enactment of a strong Lokpal law.
After giving a build up that he will make a "specific announcement" regarding the protest in the evening, he only dealt with the specifics of his demands and said he was not in talks with anyone in the government as of now though his doors are always open for dialogue.
In the evening address, he said he will not end his protest unless the government comes up with its stand on the issues raised by him. "Only after a big decision from the government, we will leave Ramlila Maidan," he said.
"Government has to declare its agenda on black money, tackling corruption and system change. Our motive is not to tarnish, overthrow or insult anybody," he said.
Earlier in the day, he said he will wait till tomorrow and then declare the next phase of agitation.
On Lokpal, he said even if 100 per cent consensus is not possible, the government should come out with a strong Lokpal on which 99 per cent of the people are happy with.
He also claimed that terrorism and naxalism in the country can be tackled if the government controls the flow of black money and the rising inflation.
"The government has the list of people who have stashed away black money in foreign shores. We don`t want the names of those people, but at least disclose the amount at least. What is the harm in it? Why is the government reluctant?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3