Ramdev`s campaign based on lies: Swarupanand
Meerut: Shankaracharya Swami Swarupanand has
slammed Ramdev`s tirade against blackmoney and corruption
saying the yoga-guru`s campaign was "based on lies".
"A satyagrahi never runs away, he courts arrest. Ramdev`s
campaign was based on lies and this outcome was bound to
happen," he said.
The police crackdown at Ramlila Maidan on the intervening
night of June 4 and 5 in Delhi was justified, he told
mediapersons at the Rajrajeshwari temple here yesterday.
He also alleged that the anti-graft campaign of Anna
Hazare was being "sponsored" by the media.
"Anna`s campaign is sponsored by the media and it has
already been made a partner by using sms and advertisements,"
On the Communal Violence Prevention Bill, Swami
Swarupanand said the law was equal for all and no such bill
could be passed which was against the Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list