`Ready for discussion on former CAG chief auditor revelations`
Chennai: The Centre on Sunday said it is ready for a discussion in Parliament on the statement of a former CAG official on the 2G spectrum allocations issue, if key ally DMK brings forward a motion.
"If DMK wants a discussion and if DMK Parliamentary Party leader T R Baalu requests the Lok Sabha Speaker for a discussion, the Government is ready for it," Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy told reporters at the airport.
According to reports DMK is likely to give a notice tomorrow to Speaker Meira Kumar, seeking a discussion on the fresh controversy over the 2G spectrum allocation.
Former CAG Director General R P Singh had claimed that his superiors gave him "written order" following which he signed on the final report giving a presumptive loss figure of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH