`Ready for discussion on former CAG chief auditor revelations`
Chennai: The Centre on Sunday said it is ready for a discussion in Parliament on the statement of a former CAG official on the 2G spectrum allocations issue, if key ally DMK brings forward a motion.
"If DMK wants a discussion and if DMK Parliamentary Party leader T R Baalu requests the Lok Sabha Speaker for a discussion, the Government is ready for it," Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy told reporters at the airport.
According to reports DMK is likely to give a notice tomorrow to Speaker Meira Kumar, seeking a discussion on the fresh controversy over the 2G spectrum allocation.
Former CAG Director General R P Singh had claimed that his superiors gave him "written order" following which he signed on the final report giving a presumptive loss figure of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere