Rear Admiral G Ashok Kumar gets new posting
Kochi: Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command Rear Admiral G Ashok Kumar has been appointed as the Flag Officer Commanding of Maharashtra and Gujarat Naval Area.
Rear Admiral Ashok Kumar, commissioned in July 1982 into the Navy, is an alumnus of Sainik School Amaravathinagar, Tamil Nadu, and National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, Pune.
He is a graduate of Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, Army War College, Mhow and Expeditionary Warfare School Quantico, USA.
The Admiral`s operational tenures included commands of warships INS Ranvir and INS Kulish and Chief Staff Officer Operations at Western Naval Command, a defence release said here today.
He had also served as the Defence Advisor at the High Commission of India at Singapore.
A Vishist Seva Medal recipient, he was the Flag Officer Sea Training at Kochi prior to being appointed as Chief of Staff at Southern Naval Command in August 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest