Rear Admiral G Ashok Kumar gets new posting
Kochi: Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command Rear Admiral G Ashok Kumar has been appointed as the Flag Officer Commanding of Maharashtra and Gujarat Naval Area.
Rear Admiral Ashok Kumar, commissioned in July 1982 into the Navy, is an alumnus of Sainik School Amaravathinagar, Tamil Nadu, and National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, Pune.
He is a graduate of Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, Army War College, Mhow and Expeditionary Warfare School Quantico, USA.
The Admiral`s operational tenures included commands of warships INS Ranvir and INS Kulish and Chief Staff Officer Operations at Western Naval Command, a defence release said here today.
He had also served as the Defence Advisor at the High Commission of India at Singapore.
A Vishist Seva Medal recipient, he was the Flag Officer Sea Training at Kochi prior to being appointed as Chief of Staff at Southern Naval Command in August 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials