Reduce my work load, Sharad Pawar tells PM
New Delhi: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar Monday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to reduce his ministerial work load.
Pawar, who assumed charge as president of the International Cricket Council last week, met the prime minister and made the request. He holds additional charge of the food and consumer affairs and public distribution departments.
"I have met the Prime Minister today (Monday) and asked him to reduce my burden. I want to devote time to my party work," Pawar, also chief of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), told reporters.
The Prime Minister assured him that the matter would be discussed with him at "appropriate time".
However, Pawar refused to specify what kind of measure he expects for reducing his work burden.
"That is for the Prime Minister to decide," Pawar said. Currently, KV Thomas is the only minister of state to assist him in both the ministries.
Pawar, who came under fire from the opposition in parliament over the rising food prices, said he had asked the prime minister six months ago to relieve him of some of his ministerial duties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case