Remains of Lord Buddha to be extablished in Bihar
Patna: The remains of Lord Buddha
received from five countries would be kept in a stupa at the
new Buddha Memorial Park here, which would be inaugurated by
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on May 27, Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
The Dalai Lama would establish the remains in the
stupa, Kumar, who inspected the construction work at the
Buddha Memorial Park near Patna junction, told reporters
The Dalai Lama would also plant cuttings of the
Mahabodhi trees to be received from Sri Lanka and from Bodh
Gaya, he said.
A state-of-the-art museum would also be set up at the
park where the life of Lord Buddha would be depicted,
A society would be set up for protection, management
and maintenance of the park, he said.
The chief minister said a stupa would also come up in
Vaishali, where the remains of Lord Buddha at present kept at
the Patna museum for security reasons, would be established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble