Remains of Lord Buddha to be extablished in Bihar
Patna: The remains of Lord Buddha
received from five countries would be kept in a stupa at the
new Buddha Memorial Park here, which would be inaugurated by
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on May 27, Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
The Dalai Lama would establish the remains in the
stupa, Kumar, who inspected the construction work at the
Buddha Memorial Park near Patna junction, told reporters
The Dalai Lama would also plant cuttings of the
Mahabodhi trees to be received from Sri Lanka and from Bodh
Gaya, he said.
A state-of-the-art museum would also be set up at the
park where the life of Lord Buddha would be depicted,
A society would be set up for protection, management
and maintenance of the park, he said.
The chief minister said a stupa would also come up in
Vaishali, where the remains of Lord Buddha at present kept at
the Patna museum for security reasons, would be established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi