Remains of Lord Buddha to be extablished in Bihar
Patna: The remains of Lord Buddha
received from five countries would be kept in a stupa at the
new Buddha Memorial Park here, which would be inaugurated by
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on May 27, Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
The Dalai Lama would establish the remains in the
stupa, Kumar, who inspected the construction work at the
Buddha Memorial Park near Patna junction, told reporters
The Dalai Lama would also plant cuttings of the
Mahabodhi trees to be received from Sri Lanka and from Bodh
Gaya, he said.
A state-of-the-art museum would also be set up at the
park where the life of Lord Buddha would be depicted,
A society would be set up for protection, management
and maintenance of the park, he said.
The chief minister said a stupa would also come up in
Vaishali, where the remains of Lord Buddha at present kept at
the Patna museum for security reasons, would be established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you