Republic Day: Fly past by IAF planes enthral spectators
New Delhi: Fly past by the Indian Air Force planes and motorcycle display by the Army Services Corps were the high points of the 64th Republic Day parade which left the children awestruck.
As the parade was concluding, personnel from Army Services Corps displayed their motorcycling skills, from saluting the President while standing to forming a human pyramid on moving motorcycles.
The jawans displaying their acrobatic skills made various formations like that of lotus, butterfly and the national emblem and even performed some yoga moves while passing through Rajpath, which left the dignitaries spellbound.
Following it was the fly past by planes and attack helicopters of Indian Air Force.
The fly past began with three attack helicopters passing over Rajpath, followed by newly acquired C17 Globemaster Military transport aircraft and doneir planes, AN-32 cargo aircraft, and Jaguars zipping over Raisina Hills.
The high point of the fly-past was the trident formation by the three Sukhoi Su-30MKI aircraft.
The fighter planes came over Rajpath and just in front of the President`s dais, it went straight up leaving a trail in form of a trident. This left everyone spellbound.
Earlier, visitors at Rajpath cheered and applauded as soon as the replica of aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya and indigenously developed Agni V missile passed through.
People were also seen eagerly flipping through pages of information booklets and souvenir as soon as tableau of Jharkhand, Bihar and Delhi went past the Rajpath.
Visitors, especially children, were enthralled by the marching band contingents.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed