Revised tatkal scheme to start from Aug one
New Delhi: The revised Tatkal (instant
ticket) Scheme of the Indian Railways will come into effect
from next month.
"The changes will come into effect from August one," a
senior Railway Ministry official said.
Under the scheme, the advanced reservation period has
been reduced to two days from five days.
He said the Centre for Railway Information Systems(CRIS),
under the ministry, has been instructed to make necessary
changes in the software for this purpose.
All Zonal Railways as well as Railway Board have been
intimated, he said.
Suitable instructions to all officials concerned are
being issued to ensure smooth change-over to the new time
limit, he added.
He said reservation under the tatkal scheme as per
earlier rule of five days shall continue till July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Majithia defamation case: Arvind Kejriwal gets bail in defamation case in Punjab
- Know why PSU bank employees went on strike on Friday
- Pope Francis to pay `silent` visit to Auschwitz
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review
- Rahul Gandhi's inflation-related speech ''baseless'', just wants to grab people's attention: BJP