Revised tatkal scheme to start from Aug one
New Delhi: The revised Tatkal (instant
ticket) Scheme of the Indian Railways will come into effect
from next month.
"The changes will come into effect from August one," a
senior Railway Ministry official said.
Under the scheme, the advanced reservation period has
been reduced to two days from five days.
He said the Centre for Railway Information Systems(CRIS),
under the ministry, has been instructed to make necessary
changes in the software for this purpose.
All Zonal Railways as well as Railway Board have been
intimated, he said.
Suitable instructions to all officials concerned are
being issued to ensure smooth change-over to the new time
limit, he added.
He said reservation under the tatkal scheme as per
earlier rule of five days shall continue till July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?