Revised tatkal scheme to start from Aug one
New Delhi: The revised Tatkal (instant
ticket) Scheme of the Indian Railways will come into effect
from next month.
"The changes will come into effect from August one," a
senior Railway Ministry official said.
Under the scheme, the advanced reservation period has
been reduced to two days from five days.
He said the Centre for Railway Information Systems(CRIS),
under the ministry, has been instructed to make necessary
changes in the software for this purpose.
All Zonal Railways as well as Railway Board have been
intimated, he said.
Suitable instructions to all officials concerned are
being issued to ensure smooth change-over to the new time
limit, he added.
He said reservation under the tatkal scheme as per
earlier rule of five days shall continue till July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations