Revised tatkal scheme to start from Aug one
New Delhi: The revised Tatkal (instant
ticket) Scheme of the Indian Railways will come into effect
from next month.
"The changes will come into effect from August one," a
senior Railway Ministry official said.
Under the scheme, the advanced reservation period has
been reduced to two days from five days.
He said the Centre for Railway Information Systems(CRIS),
under the ministry, has been instructed to make necessary
changes in the software for this purpose.
All Zonal Railways as well as Railway Board have been
intimated, he said.
Suitable instructions to all officials concerned are
being issued to ensure smooth change-over to the new time
limit, he added.
He said reservation under the tatkal scheme as per
earlier rule of five days shall continue till July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured