RS Secy Gen cheated by domestic help providing agency
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Secretary General V K Agnihotri has become the fresh victim of placement agencies providing domestic helps duping customers in the capital, police said on Wednesday.
Agnihotri had contacted a placement agency in south Delhi`s Haidarpur a month ago and paid Rs 16,000 for providing a domestic help, a senior police official said.
The agency, claimed to be owned by Ranjit Mandal and Shankar Mandal, provided the top official with a domestic help at his AB-93 Shahjahan Road residence.
According to the complaint filed by Agnihotri, the domestic help reached his residence on June 27 morning and was with the family throughout the day till they went to sleep.
"She slept earlier in a separate room. However, in the morning of June 28, when we woke up around 6:30 am, we found that she had left the house without our knowledge," the official said.
Following investigations, police registered a case of cheating and criminal breach of trust has been registered against the Mandals.
The capital has witnessed similar cases in the past and several such agencies were smashed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video