RS Secy Gen cheated by domestic help providing agency
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Secretary General V K Agnihotri has become the fresh victim of placement agencies providing domestic helps duping customers in the capital, police said on Wednesday.
Agnihotri had contacted a placement agency in south Delhi`s Haidarpur a month ago and paid Rs 16,000 for providing a domestic help, a senior police official said.
The agency, claimed to be owned by Ranjit Mandal and Shankar Mandal, provided the top official with a domestic help at his AB-93 Shahjahan Road residence.
According to the complaint filed by Agnihotri, the domestic help reached his residence on June 27 morning and was with the family throughout the day till they went to sleep.
"She slept earlier in a separate room. However, in the morning of June 28, when we woke up around 6:30 am, we found that she had left the house without our knowledge," the official said.
Following investigations, police registered a case of cheating and criminal breach of trust has been registered against the Mandals.
The capital has witnessed similar cases in the past and several such agencies were smashed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report