RS withdraws names of BJP MPs who disrupt House
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a ‘victory’ for the BJP, the Rajya Sabha Secretariat on Thursday withdrew the names of 20 party MPs from a list of members who disrupted the Upper House over Defence Minister AK Antony`s statement on LoC killings.
The list had named 20 BJP MPs and two TDP MPs.
After the list was distributed, BJP MPs had walked out of the Rajya Sabha.
The party had warned that it would continue to boycott the House until the parliamentary bulletin naming its members for trooping into the Well of the House protesting Antony`s statement is withdrawn.
"Unless the notice of names is not withdrawn, there is no question of going to the House. We will continue the protest," BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu had said outside Parliament.
The Parliament bulletin named 20 BJP MPs and two TDP MPs for "disorderly conduct in violation of rules and etiquettes of the Rajya Sabha and wilfully obstructing the proceedings of the House."
Rajya Sabha was adjourned repeatedly after vociferous protests from BJP and TDP members over naming of their party colleagues in the House bulletin for disrupting proceedings.
Hardening its stand against the Congress, BJP also ruled out any cooperation with the government. "There is no question of any cooperation with the government. We have seen clearly that this government is partisan and vindictive. They cannot expect any support from us on any issues."
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate