RS witnesses clash as Cong MP wants ban on Sanatan Sanstha
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Wednesday witnessed clashes between members belonging to ruling and Opposition parties after a Congress member said BJP was supporting an institution allegedly propagating a "hidden agenda of communal hatred" in the name of spirituality.
Raising the issue in Zero Hour, Shantaram Naik (Congress) demanded that Sanatan Sanstha in Goa be banned referring to its alleged link with Margao blast on the eve of Diwali in Goa.
As BJP members led by Rajiv Pratap Rudy protested, Naik
asked, "Is BJP an unparliamentarily word?"
Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan tried to pacify the
agitating BJP members saying he would look into their
Naik demanded that the Centre should invoke provisions
under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act against the
Sanstha and ban it.
"It is most unfortunate that the main Opposition party in
Goa, namely, BJP although has formally condemned the bomb
blast, they have come out in open support of this institution
as if it was one of their frontal organizations," Naik said.
He said the police found evidence to link the blast at
Margao with Sanatan Sanstha.
Naik alleged that "the institution has misguided thousands
of innocent Hindu ladies in the name of spirituality and
families of many households are in a shambles."
He said the institution has a website and a newspaper that publishes materials "which no secular minded Indian can digest" adding that several intellectuals and forums of common citizens have come out to demand a ban on the institution.
The Congress leader demanded that based on this material, the police should file a chargesheet against the organisation.
He also sought an investigation by Enforcement Directorate and other revenue authorities into the "huge wealth amassed" by the institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Jibe at Subramanian Swamy? Arun Jaitley says he disapproves of personal attack on Raghuram Rajan
- IPL 2016 Final: Tickets sold out in 2 hours
- Two years of Modi govt: Hope has replaced hopelessness under NDA rule, says PM
- Assam Board SEBA Class 10th Examination Results 2016: SEBA HSLC Results 2016, Assam HSLC Result 2016 to be declared on May 31
- BJP's Assam MLA Angoorlata Deka's viral 'picture': You will be SHOCKED to know the truth!