RSS embodies what Vivekananda had dreamt: Dattatreya
Gayeshpur: RSS leader Dattatreya Hosbale on Saturday said the `Sangh` embodied the organisation dreamt by Swami Vivekananda who had called for mobilising the youth of the country and make them disciplined, and resilient in both spiritual and moral aspects.
"RSS manifests in every way the characteristics Swamiji had referred to in his numerous discourses about a value-based organisation, strong on ideals and religiosity and pooling from the youth of the country," Hosbale, the National Joint General Secretary of RSS, said.
Referring to the famed Chicago speech of the monk, he said "he had asked the west to think more and work less and exhorted his countrymen to dedicate themselves towards works and less philosophising."
"He could sense the different approaches of people of two regions. He was one representative from ancient Bharat who showed the West the path of mukti, salvation while he appeared as a karmyogi to his own countrymen," Hosbale said.
Director Chandraprakash Dwivedi said Vivekananda, as a great religious teacher, showed the all-faith, all-embracing, tolerant spirit of Hindu religion that worshipped Mother as the source of all power.
An estimated 12,000 youths took vow as `sevaks` in the camp organised at the sangh meet held on the occasion of 151st birth anniversary of the Monk at Gayeshpur in Nadia district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users