RTI seeking Manmohan`s election papers in Assam Assembly
Guwahati: Seeking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s Rajya Sabha election nomination papers and attached affidavits, an RTI has been filed in the Secretariat of the Assam Assembly from where he has been elected to the Upper House.
Assembly Secretariat Principal Secretary Gauranga Prasad Das told PTI that an RTI application was received from one SS Ranaut of Rajasthan about five days ago seeking the papers.
The copies of the nomination papers and affidavits submitted by the Prime Minister for the Rajya Sabha seat from Assam on May 15 would be provided to the RTI applicant within the stipulated one-month period, said Das, who was also the returning officer declaring Singh elected.
Singh has been elected consecutively as a Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) from Assam since 1991 to be re-elected this year for another term in the Upper House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH