Russian cadets visiting India for Republic Day
Moscow: Ten Russian cadets are visiting
India to participate in the 2012 Republic Day celebrations and
also attend the National Cadet Corps (NCC) Republic Day camp.
The cadets accompanied by two officials are visiting
India under the India-Russia youth exchange programme.
They will spend a fortnight in India from January 15-29.
Wishing the delegation, the Ambassador of India to
Russia, Ajai Malhotra, said, "I welcome such exchanges, which
serve to reinforce the strong bonds of friendship and goodwill
that have traditionally existed between our two countries."
Russian cadets will spend time with their Indian
counterparts and they will have an opportunity to interact
with President Pratibha Patil, Defence Minister A K Antony and
other high Indian dignitaries.
Exchange of visits by cadets from India and Russia under
the NCC Youth Exchange Programme have been taking place since
2003, Indian Embassy said in a press release.
In the past, Indian NCC delegations to Russia have been
hosted by counterparts in Belgorod, Kursk, Perm, Smolensk, St
Petersburg and Volgograd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends