Russian cadets visiting India for Republic Day
Moscow: Ten Russian cadets are visiting
India to participate in the 2012 Republic Day celebrations and
also attend the National Cadet Corps (NCC) Republic Day camp.
The cadets accompanied by two officials are visiting
India under the India-Russia youth exchange programme.
They will spend a fortnight in India from January 15-29.
Wishing the delegation, the Ambassador of India to
Russia, Ajai Malhotra, said, "I welcome such exchanges, which
serve to reinforce the strong bonds of friendship and goodwill
that have traditionally existed between our two countries."
Russian cadets will spend time with their Indian
counterparts and they will have an opportunity to interact
with President Pratibha Patil, Defence Minister A K Antony and
other high Indian dignitaries.
Exchange of visits by cadets from India and Russia under
the NCC Youth Exchange Programme have been taking place since
2003, Indian Embassy said in a press release.
In the past, Indian NCC delegations to Russia have been
hosted by counterparts in Belgorod, Kursk, Perm, Smolensk, St
Petersburg and Volgograd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani