Russian cadets visiting India for Republic Day
Moscow: Ten Russian cadets are visiting
India to participate in the 2012 Republic Day celebrations and
also attend the National Cadet Corps (NCC) Republic Day camp.
The cadets accompanied by two officials are visiting
India under the India-Russia youth exchange programme.
They will spend a fortnight in India from January 15-29.
Wishing the delegation, the Ambassador of India to
Russia, Ajai Malhotra, said, "I welcome such exchanges, which
serve to reinforce the strong bonds of friendship and goodwill
that have traditionally existed between our two countries."
Russian cadets will spend time with their Indian
counterparts and they will have an opportunity to interact
with President Pratibha Patil, Defence Minister A K Antony and
other high Indian dignitaries.
Exchange of visits by cadets from India and Russia under
the NCC Youth Exchange Programme have been taking place since
2003, Indian Embassy said in a press release.
In the past, Indian NCC delegations to Russia have been
hosted by counterparts in Belgorod, Kursk, Perm, Smolensk, St
Petersburg and Volgograd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?