Russian girl fails to furnish bail bond, remand extended
Ropar: A Russian girl, arrested for alleged
misuse of the passport of a German national and granted bail
by a local court, could not be freed today as she failed to
furnish personal bail bond and surety.
The judicial remand of Oliga Timoshik, who had been
granted bail by Ropar Additional Sessions Judge Surinder Mohan
on July 27, was then extended by the trial court to August 12.
The ASJ had ordered her to furnish personal bail bond of
Rs one lakh and one surety in the like amount to the
satisfaction of the trial court at Anandpur Sahib.
Timoshik, who is lodged in jail under judicial custody,
was produced before the court of Anandpur Sahib Judicial
Magistrate Kapil Aggarwal. The court extended the remand till
August 12 after she failed to furnish the personal bail bond
and surety in the trial court.
Timoshik was arrested by Ropar Police from Jaipur last
month in connection with misuse of passport of German citizen
Thomas Kuhn. The court also extended till August 12 the
judicial remand of Kuhn, who was arrested from Nangal without
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what