Russian girl fails to furnish bail bond, remand extended
Ropar: A Russian girl, arrested for alleged
misuse of the passport of a German national and granted bail
by a local court, could not be freed today as she failed to
furnish personal bail bond and surety.
The judicial remand of Oliga Timoshik, who had been
granted bail by Ropar Additional Sessions Judge Surinder Mohan
on July 27, was then extended by the trial court to August 12.
The ASJ had ordered her to furnish personal bail bond of
Rs one lakh and one surety in the like amount to the
satisfaction of the trial court at Anandpur Sahib.
Timoshik, who is lodged in jail under judicial custody,
was produced before the court of Anandpur Sahib Judicial
Magistrate Kapil Aggarwal. The court extended the remand till
August 12 after she failed to furnish the personal bail bond
and surety in the trial court.
Timoshik was arrested by Ropar Police from Jaipur last
month in connection with misuse of passport of German citizen
Thomas Kuhn. The court also extended till August 12 the
judicial remand of Kuhn, who was arrested from Nangal without
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday