Sachin Tendulkar comes to aid of bed-ridden friend
Ahmedabad: Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar
has come to the rescue of his friend Dilbir Singh, who had
been bed-ridden since a near fatal accident in 2002, by
sponsoring his treatment.
He also came to the city to meet him today after his
successful hip-replacement surgery at Shelby Hospital.
Tendulkar had played under-17 cricket with Singh and both
are close friends, Singh`s sister Sukhbir Kaur said.
"Dilbir has been suffering since his accident in 2002.
But now with the hip-replacement his life would be normal
again. I am very thankful to Sachin for all his help and
support throughout these years," she said.
Tendulkar was paying for Dilbir`s treatment, Kaur said,
adding "I salute Sachin for his gesture of kindness."
Dilbir`s mother Sukhdayal Kaur said she was relieved
after the successful operation of her son.
"This is all with god`s grace," she said.
Medical Director of the hospital Pankaj Doshi said Dilbir
was referred to them by Dr Ananth Joshi, who was earlier
associated with the Indian Cricket Board.
"Dr Joshi, after looking at Dilbir`s condition suggested
hip replacement as the only solution and referred him to Dr J
A Pachouri, one of the top most Hip replacement specialist in
the country, who is working with us here," Doshi said.
"The operation took around four hours, during which the
left hip was replaced. After 8-12 weeks the right hip would be
replaced," Doshi said.
He said Dilbir was in coma for nearly six months after
his accident and was given steroids as a life saving measure.
"The steroids had a side effect on his hip joints which
were destroyed resulting in arthritic problems," Doshi said.
"After the replacement of hips on both the sides, Dilbir
would be able perform his routine work normally," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray