SAD to oppose Uttaranchal bill in Rajya Sabha
Punjab Chief Minister and Shiromani Akali Dal chief Parkash Singh Badal has said that his party would oppose the bill for creation of the proposed Uttaranchal state in the Rajya Sabha but would remain in NDA.
He told reporters at Chamkaur Sahib that no doubt "we are opposing BJP in this regard but our relations will remain the same as before." he said in reply to a question that Sarb Hind Akali Dal chief Gurcharan Singh Tohra can join hands with Badal if he withdrew support from the centre on the issue of inclusion of Udham Singh Nagar in the proposed Uttaranchal state.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India